Thursday, May 23, 2013

NYLD 2013

NYLD this year was a really good day, I enjoyed myself and I learn lots of new things about what leadership is. My favorite speaker of they day out of all 6 was Cam Calkoen. He was my favorite because he didn't let his disability Cerebral Palsy stop him from doing thing  he wanted to achieve. His mum and dad were told that he wouldn't  be able to look after himself and he can or ride a bike but he did because he wanted to . Today he has achieved his dreams and is helping others achieve their dreams too, Cam has also represent New Zealand in the 100m's and 200m's running races. He has over come his big fear of specking  in public but do you know what that's his job today specking to others and motivating them to achieve their dreams. One thing that he said that will allays stay with me is " Dream big. Achieve more " .  Cam is one the coolest people every. One thing he loves the most is the word Awesome.  Superpowers are what Dave Atkinson talked about and they are Laughter, Leadership, Kindness and Smarts. I think mine is Kindness because I love helping people, when they need it and helping other with their learning and learning for others as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment