Saturday, June 22, 2013

Waka Arma


This week we went to Huntley college to learn all about Waka Ama, we also did other activities. When we arrived we played a game and then we were put into our house groups, the house groups were put into two groups. My group went to the lake first, I was in the waka first up, we learnt how to do it like the people do in competitions and we learnt how to do it tardily and at the end we had a race and my team won. After the Waka we went mountain biking around the lake in groups, I went second. when the other group went we did this off road track. . After that we went back to the school and the girls went to learn the wita and the boys did Army training, then we swapped around. At the end of our visit we got lunch. Over all I had a good day and learnt some cool things too, I really enjoyed the Waka the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment